Small is beautiful, welcome to enfore...
Every day, over 200 million small businesses around the world work hard to create a delightful customer experience. We founded enfore to provide these businesses with the technology that enables them to compete in the connected world. Through innovative hardware and powerful software, as well as comprehensive service offerings, enfore delivers a solution that connects all operational aspects. Working at enfore is not for everyone, not because we are better or worse, but because we are disciplined, focused, reliable and trustworthy. Every day, for as long as it takes.
As a valuable new member of the engineering team we are looking for an experienced Linux Software Engineer* for our office in Hamburg. You will work in a dedicated and international team of software developers who appreciate and practice transparency and direct communication. If you are passionate about software development and if you want to develop an outstanding product, you are the right person for us!
What to expect...
- You are responsible for the implementation of customizations and improvements to the kernel, framework, system services and build infrastructure
- You customize our Linux kernel, adapt kernel drivers, create kernel drivers for new hardware devices and develop C++ communication software for specialized interfaces and protocols
- Together with your colleagues you will lead the communication with hardware and software engineers to bring both aspects closer together to fulfill the operational and performance requirements
- With your curiosity about emerging trends and technologies and your drive to deliver top-tier solutions, you will boost our technology to the next level
What we need...
- Curios about low-level embedded software (C, C++, Linux kernel, Python) - paired with a secure coding mindset
- Ideally, above-basic familiarity with cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Inquisitive about deep coding and debugging software on Linux, BSD or any Unix variants
- Proven experience in development of embedded software (i.e. device drivers)
- Self-driven, hands-on attitude, well-structured problem solving
- Strong English communication skills
At enfore, we are passionate about building products. We put our heart and soul into building a platform and apps that are magnificently designed and technologically refined. Achieving that takes a lot of talent, passion, perseverance and determination. The goal: to digitalize one of the last untapped markets in this world and make it more competitive along the way. We're talking about the Small businesses, which are an important aspect that shapes and defines entire cityscapes and our quality of life. The complexity of our vision and our product, requires a high intrinsic motivation with an accompanying high demand on ones own work and environment. In your role as Linux Software Engineer*, you and your team will make a significant contribution towards bringing us a little closer to this goal every day. So if you really want to make a difference and work is more than just a means-to-an-end for you: we are the place to be in offices located in Hamburg and Berlin.
*At enfore we value equality and are against any kind of discrimination. Regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation, all candidates and employees have equal opportunities. We value diversity and are committed to integration and inclusion.